Thorndown UV Clear Wood Paint is totally transparent to show the full beauty of the grain.
A perfect choice if you would like to keep the natural look of your timber whilst giving it some extra protection from discolouring overtime.
This wood paint is a high performing eco product that can be used on all types of exterior and interior wood.
Water-based with virtually no VOC (volatile organic compounds) or odour and creates a long-lasting, hard-wearing coating that will look great for many years.
Translucent wood paints need to be treated like wood stains. They are often not suitable for overcoating solid colour coatings and work best on fresh timber or in maintenance of a similar coating.
- Satin finish with a soft sheen
- Made with architectural exterior-grade VOC free colour pigments with long-lasting UV protection
- Great core colour range – 48 heritage and modern colours + UV Clear
- Transparent wood colours
- Somerset Heritage Colour Collection with 18 natural countryside tones
- 1800 RAL Classic and Design colours available
- One wood paint product for any timber application; interior, exterior, softwood & hardwood
- Opaque and semi opaque paint colours
- UV Clear with added UV blocking protection to keep wood looking good longer
- Grain visible with a delicate and beautiful satin finish
- Mix colours together easily to create your own shades
- Very strong bond with timber
- Coats metal, masonry, terracotta and plastic including uPVC window frames
- Water repellent, micro-porous, and frost resistant
- Strong resistance to UV degradation and colour fade – strong external grade colours
- External Wood Paint the best for painting doors, windows, cladding, decks, sheds, cabins, trellis and fences
- Internal Wood Paint create cool makeovers for doors, floors, windows and furniture.
- Transparent UV Clear Wood Paint
Coverage for Thorndown Wood Paint is high and you can paint 6m2 to 12m2 of timber surface (one coat) with one litre; but remember rough sawn surfaces are thirsty and will take a lot more paint than a smooth surface and second coats take less than the first. So each paint can will do approximately:
- 150ml sample: 0.9m2 – 1.8m2
- 750ml tin: 4.5m2 – 9.0m2
- 2.5 litre tin: 15m2 – 30m2
To view the Coverage Calculator Click Here, it shows a quick and easy guide to see how much you will need for a project.
Please Click Here for a complete reference guide on how to apply the Throndown Wood Paint.
This item is eligible for free UK mainland delivery. If you have a postcode outside of this area then please Contact Us before making a purchase.
Delivery is usually made within 3 working days from receipt of order. Sample tins are usually sent out by Royal Mail 1st Class Post and we use a trusted professional courier service for all other deliveries.
Notes can be left with deliveries for directions to leave packages safely if you are not in, please leave us a comment at the checkout with your requirements.